Friday, April 6, 2012

Heading to an island near you

Finished
Completed
Done
The blanket lays well and has a thickness that I didn't expect.
It should serve well as a light mat for a baby and a warm cover. I made quite a scene when I presented the completed project to my knitting group. They had commented more than once on the span of time I had used to complete this blanket.
Wheh.
Glad that is over
This is my "A WIP No Longer" dance

 
I dance because I have finished this blanket that took me a year to complete and I dance because I leave for a conference in Puerto Rico next week.
I need the break. 
I am excited about the conference on international women's issues. I expect to read on the plane and in the airport and crochet during the conference. I don't want to bother with TSA and crochet hooks. Or heavens, wondering if a fellow passenger thinks I am going to overpower him with a bone crafting tool.
The new project. The Infinity Wrap

The pattern calls for a thicker yarn. I plan to make extra motifs and add rows to compensate for the smaller yarn.
Jodi at http://www.shamelesstwist.com/dyed these skeins for me over a period of three years. Therefore the yellows don't match perfectly. I will make it work
I hope to combine the motifs into a lovely wrap.
I wonder what dances I will do when this one is complete.

1 comment: